Thursday, October 30, 2008

Coleman's Campaign sues Franken's over Political Ads

I recently read an article by The Star Tribune about Norm Coleman and Al Franken's Compaign. Coleman's campaign is sueing Franken's for having his ads contain lies about Coleman. They say it is violating the state campaign law. Coleman's campaign says many of the things said in the ads are very false. A Coleman spokesperson says, "Al Franken has chosen to push the lines of believability far beyond the bounds of truth". They say one claim came from a strong Democrat and and friend of Al. Complaints have been made by the Coleman campaign in earlier elections also. The complaints were dropped after the elections. A DFL spokesman says that it's a desperate attempt to change the subject. I agree, the statements that the Coleman campaign are saying are false have been in TV ads for months. Why complain now when the election is almost to an end? That is stupid, and a waste of time if you ask me. To tell you the truth, I am very sick of politics and I am only fifteen. I bet you I have seen over 10 hours of campaign ads, for the presidential, senate, and representative elections. I cannot wait for November 4th to come around.

-Jason

No comments: